Application Performance Management Tools
Depending on which language/technology your application is built on, there are several tools you could use for this. To fully manage and monitor the performance of an application, it requires collecting and monitoring a lot of different types of data. Below are important components of a complete application performance management tool,
- Performance of each web requests or transactions
- Performance of each transactions
- Usage and performance of all application dependencies like databases, web services, caching etc.
- Detailed transaction traces
- Code level performance profiling
- Server metrics like CPU, memory etc.
- Support for custom applications metrics
- Application log data
- Application errors
- Real user monitoring etc.
- New Relic
New Relic products work together as a platform from which you can troubleshoot and monitor software performance from end to end. Its SaaS based tool and supports the various languages – .NET, Java, Ruby, Phython, Nodejs, Go, PHP etc.
- APM Agents collect application performance data
- Browser Agent collects end user data (like page load times)
- Infrastructure Agent collects metrics from your server’s operating system
- Mobile Agent collects mobile app performance data
Dynatrace provides unique operational insights with just one tool. Leverage full stack monitoring from the front-end to the back-end, to infrastructure, to the cloud. Understand how application performance impacts your customers.
- Monitor real user data, application performance, infrastructure and cloud environments. Get all metrics in real-time!
- Dynatrace auto-detects all application dependencies and tracks transactions across all tiers.
- Resolve performance or availability issues before they impact your customers powered by artificial intelligence.
- Dynatrace offers the broadest range of technologies in the industry e.g. .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js, Docer, Cloud etc.
- Visualizes application topology, deployments and environment changes in real-time.
- Performance issues in web-scale applications discovered with artificial intelligence.
- Auto-discovers all application components and dependencies end-to-end.
- Entire application topology is visualized in an interactive infographic.
AppDynamics monitors application performance and then derives insights into how application performance is impacting business operations. From data collection to processing and then deriving knowledge from your data, AppDynamics provides full visibility into exactly how application performance is affecting your business.
- Languages: .NET, Java, PHP, C++, Python, Node.js
- End-to-end transaction tracing
- Code level visibility
- Stackify Retrace
Retrace is an affordable SaaS APM tool designed specifically with developers in mind. It is designed to help developers optimize the performance of their applications in QA and “retrace” application problems in production via very detailed code level transactions traces. Retrace is focused on being simple to use and affordable for developer teams of all sizes.
- Languages: .NET, .NET Core, Java etc.
- Integrated errors & log management
- Detailed code level transaction traces
- Optimized for developers
- Includes application metrics & server monitoring
- Very low overhead
- Easy to use and install
- Scout (SolarWinds)
- TraceView (SolarWinds)
- ManageEngine Applications Manager
- Application Insights (Microsoft)
- Riverbed SteelCentral
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Dell Foglight
- CA Application Performance Management
- SmartBear (formally Lucierna)
- IDERA Precise
- AWS CloudWatch